How to Apply to PS 452
Kindergarten Admissions 2017-2018
Pre-Registration for 2017-2018 Kindergarten
Once you have received your placement letter with a Kindergarten offer for the
2017-2018 school year and you are accepting the seat, please sign up for an
appointment to pre-register your child at the following link:
If you are declining your seat, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
with your child’s name and that you are declining your seat.
If you have questions, please email the parent coordinator at email@example.com.
Families will no longer submit applications directly to schools.
Please continue to check for Information on the 2017-2018 Kindergarten admissions at www.nyc.gov/schools/kindergarten
Open House information will be posted after November 2017.
Please view the information posted below under Open Houses.
The application period will open on November 30, 2017. Families can apply to kindergarten on line at www.nyc.gov/schools/kindergarten, over the phone by calling 718-935-2400,
or in person at an Enrollment Office.
Please visit Kindergarten Admissions at the Department of Education website at the following link http://schools.nyc.gov/ChoicesEnrollment/Elementary/Kindergarten, for detailed information on Admissions.
APPLICATION PERIOD BEGINS: Has ended for the 2017-2018 school year
APPLICATION PERIOD ENDS: Has ended for the 2017-2018 school year
PLACEMENT OFFERS DISTRIBUTED: March 2017
PRE-REGISTRATION BEGINS: March 2017 and last day to accept offer is April 7, 2017
Students applying for the September 2017 Kindergarten year must have a 2012 birth date, be a resident of NYC, and follow the eligibility set by the Department of Education listed below.
Eligibility is in order of priority mandated by the Department of Education:
1. Zoned students with verified sibling who will be in grades 1-5 at PS 452 as of
2. Zoned students other than those in (1) above applying to the zoned school;
3. In-district students but living outside the school’s zone, with a verified sibling who will
be in grades 1-5 at PS 452 as of September 2016;
4. Out-of-district students with a verified sibling who will be in grades 1-5 at PS 452 as of September 2016;
5. All other students living in the school’s district but outside the zone.
6. All other students
(Our next open houses will be in the fall of 2016)
If you would like to attend an open house, starting on December 1, 2016, please register at http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/2714555. If you have additional questions, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and write Kindergarten Admissions in the subject line. If you have problems with signing up for an open house, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and write Open House in the subject line. Please include the following in any email, your full name and contact information. Currently our open houses are scheduled for the following:
Monday, December 12, 2016 at 6:00pm – 7:00pm
Tuesday, January 10, 2017 at 6:00pm to 7:00pm
Doors will open at 5:50pm
We will not accept walk-ins for the Tours. You must have a reservation to attend. You will receive a confirmation email back with your tour date. Adults only are invited to the tours and they are only in the evening. Students that receive a kindergarten placement will be invited to attend a session in the Spring. Thank you for your interest at PS 452.
ONCE YOU HAVE RECEIVED YOUR PLACEMENT LETTER TO PS 452,
PLEASE SIGN UP FOR AN APPOINTMENT AT THIS LINK TO
PRE-REGISTER YOUR CHILD AT PS 452:
IF YOU ARE DECLINING, PLEASE SEND AN EMAIL TO PS452ADMISSIONS@GMAIL.COM WITH YOUR CHILD’S NAME,
AND LET US KNOW THAT YOU ARE DECLINING YOUR SEAT AT PS 452
NECESSARY DOCUMENTS FOR REGISTRATION
You will need to bring the following documents with you to your appointment:
1) Two documents verifying proof of residence are required. Acceptable documents are listed below (both the original and a copy of any 2 of the following documents):
2) Your child’s original birth certificate, passport, or baptismal certificate
3) Immunization records (copy for our records)
3) Name, birth date and OSIS number of any siblings, if applicable
4) Copy of Individualized Education Program (IEP) and/or 504 Accommodation Plan (if applicable and available)
5) Bring your child/children with you when registering.
6) Copy of the Department of Education Placement Letter.
*If you are not the leaseholder of your residence, you must submit a Residency Affidavit (see Chancellor’s Regulation A-101, page 20).
If you would like to receive email updates about events and deadlines, go to http://schools.nyc.gov/Subscribe/default.htm
Special Education Services
• Visit Special Education Kindergarten Enrollment page for families of students with pre-school
Individualized Education (IEPs)
• Click HERE to view more information on "Turning 5" IEPs.
• Email the DOE at Turning5@schools.nyc.gov if you have questions specific to students with disabilities entering kindergarten.
• Write firstname.lastname@example.org if you have issues specific to students with disabilities entering kindergarten and cannot find help within the DOE.
Gifted & Talented Admissions: Visit the DOE's Gifted and Talented page http://schools.nyc.gov/Academics/GiftedandTalented/default.htm
Calendar and Events: Visit DOE's Calendar and Events page http://schools.nyc.gov/ChoicesEnrollment/Elementary/CalendarandEvents/default.htm
Can my child attend PS 452 if not in the school zone?
Admissions to PS 452 for Kindergarten are based on a set of priorities from the DOE and are not on a first-come, first-serve basis. Admission priorities are listed above.
Is there any way to get a sense of the school if I cannot go on a tour?
We are unable to give private tours. To see a movie and slide show about our school visit the tab About PS 452. You are welcome to attend a PTA meeting which are open to the public. For a list of PTA meetings, please visit our website at www.ps452.org and email the parent coordinator which PTA meeting you would like to attend at email@example.com.
What's my zoned school?
Your zoned school is determined by your official home address, not your place of employment. Most students attend kindergarten at their zoned school. Find your zoned school by entering your address in the school search tool or calling 311.
How do I register my child for grades 1-5?
If you are in our zone and you would like to register your child, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your child’s name, date of birth, and a contact number. The parent coordinator will call to set up an appointment.
PS 452 Zone Map
2017-2018 District 3 Elementary School Zones
100 West 77th Street, 2nd floor
New York, NY 10024
(William O'Shea Complex)
Main Office Room 224
Tel: (212) 496 1050
Fax: (646) 505-1632
For the 2017-2018 school year, PS 452 will be permanently relocated to:
210 W. 61st Street (formerly PS 191)
NY, NY 10023