As the cooler weather begins, we have adjusted the opening and closing times of the school gates to decrease the amount of time students, families, and staff are waiting outside.
Beginning, Monday, November 9:
PreK & Kindergarten Gate (61st Street & Amsterdam Ave)
- Morning Gate (for PreK & K) will open at 8:40am, close at 8:45am
- School staff will start to check your Health Screening at 8:35am
- Afternoon Gate (for PreK only) will open at 2:05pm, close at 2:10pm
- Morning Gate (for Grades 1-5) will open at 8:40am, close at 8:45am
- Afternoon Gate (for Grades K-5) will open at 2:05pm, close at 2:10pm
- Arrival and dismissal will be completed outside regardless of the weather. Please dress appropriately, especially for rain. We recommend boots, hats, and/or raincoats; umbrellas can be difficult for our youngest children to manage and/or used inappropriately as a weapon.
- Completing the Health Screening prior to arriving at the gate speeds up the entry process for all.
- If you arrive after the morning gates have closed, please enter the building at the main entrance, 61st Street, show our School Safety Agent your child’s Health Screening, and a staff member will escort the child to their classroom.
- If you arrive after the afternoon gates have closed, please enter the building at the main entrance, 61st Street, wait at the Safety Agent’s desk and a staff member will bring your child to you. Students who are waiting to be picked up will be supervised in the cafeteria by school staff.