PS 452 Community Standards
Please, review these rules as a family in simple language your little one can understand.
- Be careful with other people’s feelings. Don’t tease or insult or threaten or call anyone an unkind name.
- Be kind. Don’t bully.
- Ask this question: “would you like it if someone did that to you?’
- Tell the truth. Don’t lie.
- Use appropriate language. Don’t use bad words or gestures.
- Respect other people’s conversation. Don’t interrupt when people are talking.
- Don’t bother people while they are working or learning.
- Work quietly in the classroom so other people can think.
- Be careful with other people’s bodies. Don’t hit or bite or fight. Don’t make other people feel uncomfortable.
- Be careful with other people’s things. Don’t steal or break or damage anyone’s property.
- Be careful with school property. Don’t destroy things. Don’t write on tables or walls. Put things back where they belong.
- Take turns. Help others. Work hard.
- Be quiet in the halls
- Walk. Don’t run in the school.
- Listen and follow directions from teachers and other people working in the school.
- Don’t fool around in the bathroom.
- Don’t chew gum. Eat only in the cafeteria or in designated areas
- Don’t bring a cell phone or toys to school.