PS 452 Parent Teacher Association
The Parent Teacher Association (PTA) enables parents to understand and work to support and enrich the academic and social life of all the students in partnership with school administration, foster communication between the school and families, and build community. As a parent or guardian of a child attending PS 452, you are automatically a member of the PTA.
PTA Executive Board
- Monica Wyche
- Angie Sweeney
- Radhika Huryn
- Nerina Rustomji
- Reema Kapadia
Vice President, Communications
- Erica Johnson
Vice President, Community Affairs
- Gwen Kilvert
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I get involved in the PTA?
There are many ways to be involved in the PTA, no matter what your level of interest and availability.
- Attend PTA sponsored events and participate in PTA activities, including monthly meetings where we hear from Principal Parker.
- Volunteer to help prepare for or work at a PTA-sponsored event or activity.
- Join or chair a PTA Committee (Committee information and contacts)
- Become an Executive Board Member (elections in the spring for the following year).
- Work full-time with zero flexibility? Work from home? Have small children? Hate meetings? Great with numbers? Terrible with numbers? Shy? Extremely out-going? Anything in-between? If you would like to get involved, contact the PTA at email@example.com and we will work with you to find a great way for you to participate.
What do PTA funds support?
The PTA funds help support teacher development, classroom and library books, technology, music, art and physical education equipment, field trips, and curricular partnerships, including National Dance Institute, Salvadori, Lincoln Center Film Society, and more. Learn more here.
What is the PTA Executive Board and what do they do?
The PTA Executive Board is responsible for the PTA's budget, events, and activities. Officers are elected by parents annually and meet monthly (meetings are open to guests, see calendar) to discuss activities, review budget, and address challenges. There are no qualifications for any office other than to be a parent or guardian of a child attending PS 452.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.