PS 452 students work on individual and collaborative art projects under the leadership of Art Teacher, Ms. Lori Collman.
Incorporating the learning of the current project studies each grade contributed to the project pictured at right.
- Kindergarten – Trees (Park Study)
- First Grade – Buildings and Shops (Community Building)
- Second Grade – Subways (Underground)
- Third Grade – Skyline (Skyscrapers)
- Fourth Grade – Modes of Transportation
Physical Education (P.E.)
At PS 452, we use the New York City K-5 Physical Education Scope and Sequence (Look for Mr. O’Reilly’s name on the “Acknowledgements” page.)
From the NYCDOE Office of School Wellness Programs regarding the Scope & Sequence:
This comprehensive curricular planning resource provides a practical framework for implementing comprehensive, skills-based Physical Education instruction. Developed by DOE instructional leaders and teachers and aligned to State and national standards, the Scope and Sequence emphasizes consistent foundational skills and concepts. It is organized into five thematic categories identified and selected by New York City public school teachers:
- Safety and Management
- Community Building
- Locomotor Skills
- Rhythms and Educational Gymnastics
Key components of this Scope and Sequence include:
- Thematic overviews
- Grade-level learning outcomes grids
- Content is divided into two grade-developmental levels, K-2 and 3-5, to allow for differentiated lesson planning and age-appropriate activity
- Prioritizes foundational skills and health-related fitness outcomes
Rising New York Road Runners
PS 452 has a great partnership with the New York Road Runners through the Rising New York Road Runners program. We utilize this program in many ways here at PS 452.
- Running in PE
- All PE students in K-5 will run in PE. They will earn incentives such as shirts and medals through this running.
- PS 452 Track Club
- Students in grades 3-5 are welcome to join the PS 452 Track Club. This after-school club will work on increasing endurance for distance races.
All PS 452 students (PreK-5) are eligible to participate in eligible weekend races.
Occasionally we get invited to special events such as:
- NYRR RunCenter Events
- Professional Athlete Visits
- NYC Marathon Cheering Sections
Email email@example.com with any questions.
Please visit our Library website at http://www.ps452library.com.
Information coming soon!